Graduates (any discipline) with full time Degree / Diploma in Material Management. Candidates should have relevant experience in the field of Purchase and Inventory.
The candidates with overall experience of 2 to 3 years and the below mentioned skills will be considered
Desired Candidate Profile
- Vendor development / vendor management.
- Supply chain management
- Purchase & procurement of Material
- Material management.
- Computer proficiency.
- Strong negotiation skills,
- Communication skills and spoken English.
- Pleasing personality
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with company department managers to determine purchasing needs and requirements for production and office products
- Responsible to source, negotiate and purchase materials from both local and overseas vendors
- Evaluate vendor’s quotation to ensure that they are in line with the technical and commercial specifications required for the project
- Advise internal and external on issues regarding purchasing Terms & Conditions
- In charge of daily operational purchasing needs such as planning, issuing and following up on Purchase Orders delivery and shipment schedules
- Identify the most appropriate supplier for the designated product, determine availability, perform comparative pricing and negotiate pricing, confirm quality of products and establish delivery requirements/timelines
- Perform all purchasing functions, such as issuing purchase orders (POs), invoice creation, pricing verification, payment authorization, complete entries into accounting system
- Input and maintain online database of all products; maintains daily inventory update
- Identify and resolve any and all issues related to product quality, pricing, delivery, utilization, loss
- Update company on any new products that may be more efficient or cost effective, obsolete products, product trends
- Conduct records audit of inventory, adjustments and other metrics and prepare monthly/ quarterly/ annual reports of findings to management
- Monitor inventory levels as materials, equipment and stock are issued, transferred within an establishment or sold to the public using manual or computerized inventory systems
- Compile inventory reports, recording the quantity, type and value of materials, equipment and stock on hand, using manual or computerized inventory systems
- Prepare requisition orders to replenish materials, equipment and stock
- Enter data for production scheduling, stock replenishment/relocation and inventory adjustments
- Reconcile physical inventories with computer counts.